The Grafoil/Ring Press Operator is responsible for producing quality parts/pieces along with performing various other duties, including set up, operate, and tend machines that produce rings to dimensional quality per requirements.
- Operate hydraulic/mechanical press in a safe manner to form various materials to customer specifications.
- Ability to read production orders, read all order notes related to the product that he/she is required to produce.
- Read dial calipers, scale readings, any device related to product.
- Identify proper/necessary material related to product.
- Pull proper tooling related to product.
- Package product for shipment
- Complete necessary paperwork required for specific product.
- Maintain a cleaning and safe work area.
- Take inventory at designated schedule times during the year.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Inspect the quality of the material as well as the quality of the finished parts.
- Able to read all customer drawings relating to the product.
- Able to read dial calipers and ensure all dimensional tolerance are within customer specifications.
- Able to weigh parts on designated scales to ensure part density is to the customer specifications.
- Perform quality check at regularly stated intervals.
- Must identify all necessary raw material.
Physical Demands (including, but not limited to)
- Must be physically able to perform work assigned.
- The employee will be exposed to the following working conditions: heat and cold, noise, vibration, oils, atmospheric conditions such as dust.
- The employee will be required to perform the following actions: standing, walking, balancing, stooping, pushing, pulling, kneeling, bending, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing and sitting.
- Ability of occasionally lifting or carry 20 pounds.
The operator receives a shop order. The information concerning size and material are checked against stock.
Material required is pulled from stock or produced from Braiding/Grafoil department. Size/lengths/weights of material must be verified from production order.
Packing Rings: Some packing material may need to be run through a squaring machine to form proper size. Packing will need to be run through mechanical cutter prior to press operation. Length of packing pieces will need to be adjusted to fit specified density listed on production order.
Grafoil Rings: Lengths of grafoil ribbon will need to be formed into finished rings to verify final density.
Ring die information should be provided on production order. If not, see supervisor for die specifications. All dimensional sizes are checked according to the work instructions.
Experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment is preferred.
High school diploma or GED equivalent is preferred. Must be able to work a flexible schedule Monday through Friday and some weekends.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Company paid life, short-term, and long-term insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous matching
- Vacation time
- Personal/sick time
- Profit sharing
SEPCO is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, genetic information, disability, protected veteran/military status or any other protected characteristic.
Must be able to pass a preemployment drug screen and a criminal background check.
Email resume and references to Jean Ziegert.