The Parts Finisher will complete all aspects of finishing machined parts. The process will include cleaning, polishing, deburring, lapping, sanding/sandblasting.
- Performs finishing and deburring activities using a variety of hand tools and machinery.
- Polish metal surface, using powered polishing wheel or belt.
- Work from drawings and/or written and verbal instructions to complete machined parts.
- Gather material and parts needed to press faces into holders to make seal components.
- Clean parts as needed in preparation for shipment.
- Maintain quality and consistency of final product.
- Complete installation of hardware and/or final assembly of parts and components.
- Ensure work is done safely and meets quality standards.
- Perform additional duties as needed.
- Complete necessary paperwork required for specific product.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Take inventory at designated schedule times during the year.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Inspect the quality of the material as well as the quality of the finished parts.
- Able to read drawings relating to the product.
- Able to read dial calipers and ensure all dimensional/facing tolerance are within customer specifications.
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
- Ability to use mechanical tools like: pedestal grinder, air-powered tools, drill press, and tumbler.
- Must identify all necessary raw material.
- Takes pride in work produced and displays teamwork.
- Possess strong mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Above average manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
Physical Demands (including, but not limited to)
- Must be physically able to perform work assigned.
- The employee will be exposed to the following working conditions: heat and cold, noise, vibration, oils, atmospheric conditions such as dust.
- The employee will be required to perform the following actions: standing, walking, balancing, stooping, pushing, pulling, kneeling, bending, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing and sitting.
- Ability of occasionally lifting or carry 50 pounds.
Experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment is preferred.
High school diploma or GED equivalent is preferred. Must be able to work a flexible schedule Monday through Friday and some weekends.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Company paid life, short-term, and long-term insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous matching
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Profit sharing
SEPCO is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, genetic information, disability, protected veteran/military status or any other protected characteristic.
Must be able to pass a preemployment drug screen and a criminal background check
Email resume and references to Jean Ziegert.