The Production Worker is responsible for performing various duties, including setting up, operating, and tending machines that wind or twist yarn.
- Thread yarn and other materials or products through equipment such as guides or needles.
- Start machines; monitor operation, such as spinning and twisting; and make adjustments as needed.
- Observe spinning and twisting process to detect defects.
- Adjust machine controls, such as tensions or speeds, to produce specified products.
- Inspect and monitor machinery to ensure proper functioning and to determine whether repairs are needed.
- Inspect products to ensure that specifications and quality control standards are met.
- Record production data, such as size, length, and category of spool created.
- Notify supervisor when additional materials are needed.
- Required to complete other activities assigned by supervisor.
- Strong knowledge of production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, operation procedures, and safety policies.
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Demonstrated reliability.
- A work history that demonstrates the ability to set or exceed goals.
Physical Demands (including, but not limited to)
- Must be physically able to perform work assigned.
- The employee will be exposed to the following working conditions: heat and cold, noise, vibration, oils, and atmospheric conditions such as dust and fumes.
- Must wear a respirator, Tyvek Suit, and gloves at all times.
- The employee will be required to perform the following actions: standing, walking, balancing, stooping, pushing, pulling, kneeling, bending, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing, and sitting.
- Ability to occasionally lift or carry 50 pounds.
Experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment is preferred.
High school diploma or GED equivalent is preferred. Must be able to work a flexible schedule Monday through Friday and some weekends.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Company paid life, short-term, and long-term insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous matching
- Vacation time
- Personal/sick time
SEPCO is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, genetic information, disability, protected veteran/military status or any other protected characteristic.
Must be able to pass a preemployment drug screen and a criminal background check
Email resume and references to Jean Ziegert.