Pulp and Paper News Roundup: May 2020
May has come and gone, and the pulp and paper industry has not missed a beat. In an effort to share knowledge, we’ve gathered some of this month’s top news stories for the industry. Some topics include:
- Industry-wide production records being set despite COVID-19
- Paper with antimicrobial protection
- Charitable efforts for pandemic relief efforts
Check them out below!
- U.S. Paper and Wood Products Industry Sets Record-High Levels of Tissue Production during COVID-19 Pandemic
- American Eagle Paper Mills Introduces Paper With Antimicrobial Protection
- U.S. Paper Industry Achieves Consistently High Recycling Rate; 66.2% in 2019
- U.S. Containerboard Production Increased Seven Percent in April 2020
- International Paper Commits 2 Million Boxes for COVID-19 Relief
- Total U.S. Packaging Papers & Specialty Packaging Shipments Increased Five Percent in April
- BIR Says United Arab Emirates Suspends Recovered Paper Exports for Four Months
- Total U.S. Printing-Writing Paper Shipments Decreased 30 Percent in April 2020
Read the April 2020 Pulp and Paper Roundup here.